We accept and welcome all people for the Sacrament of Baptism. Baptism (often called Christening) is the occasion on which new members, children and/or adults, are welcomed into the family of the Christian Church.
Can I or my child be baptised in a Team church?
- Anyone living in the Team parishes, children or adults are welcome to be baptised in your local parish church.
- If the family is living outside the Team parishes, you will need to have some link with the Team parish church and your own Parish Vicar will be contacted.
When can Baptism happen?
- Baptism usually takes place in church on a Sunday.
- To arrange a date for a Baptism please contact your local Team Vicar.
- In the case baptisms of children the Vicar will normally meet with the parents beforehand and explain what the Service means and the order of Service.
- However, in the case of an adult baptism the Vicar will meet and discuss matters individually with the person concerned.
Does Baptism cost anything?
What does the Church of England say about Baptism and Confirmation?
- There is no fee whatsoever for a Baptism which is a gift from God.
- However, in some Team churches a small contribution is suggested for any organist.