Funerals and Bereavement
"I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me , though they die, yet shall they live."
What does the Church of England say about Funerals?
- The Team Clergy and Readers are always willing to take funeral Services for anyone who lives in the Team area or has connections with the area, at any of our churches or at the local crematoria (usually Taunton).
- We work closely with the local Funeral Directors to be caring and supportive at a difficult time.
- The recently deceased and those bereaved are normally remembered at Sunday Services, if that is appropriate.
- The Clergy are always willing to talk about funeral arrangements prior to a death, which some families find helpful.
- The person who takes the Service, or any other of the Clergy or Readers, is willing to provide support or a listening ear at any time after the funeral