A small church in the heart of the village which is Grade II*, has a western tower with three bells, nave, chancel south aisle and a chapel on the north side which is now used as the organ chamber. It contains a south arcade of two engaged piers and one free standing of four hollow section, typical of this period, but very untypically in oak, with huge baulks used to form each half of the arches.
The church dates from the 1480's when it was rebuilt following the building of Cothay Manor. The north chapel is dated 1659, with nice vernacular classical details. The roofs are Victorian.
|Mr Hugh Tregelles (01823 672349)
Mrs Brenda Hollick (01823 672366)