The late Victorian building was consecrated on 18th February 1890 on land given by Samuel Dobree. The prime benefactor was local industrialist Frederick Thomas Elworthy with generous support from other members of his family. The tower with its landmark spire was added in 1907 and a peal of six bells installed in 1909. The pulpit and font, carved in Hamden Hill stone, are the work of the renowned Wellington sculptor William Giles, and the church also features many fine stained glass windows including the east window which depicts Our Lord with saints from the Old and New Testaments.
|Mr Ian Grinter (01823 400681)
Mrs Josephine Chave (01823 662339)
Please check the News page on the Menu for details of seasonal or special Services, changes in Service times and Parish events.
Sunday Club. This meets on the 1st and 2nd Sunday of each moth at 9:30am. Songs, bible stories, drama, arts and crafts. All welcome. (Pre-school - 11 years). For more information contact Helena Power on 01823 669135
Soup and Bite 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm
Second Saturday of each month in The Lang Room. Soup, bread and cheese, fruit, tea and coffee, and company. Everyone welcome.
The Lang Room
|This room has recently been refurbished and is now becoming a popular venure for small groups. at present we have 3 U3A groups who meet here and sewing classes. It is available for private hire and is ideal for smaller meetings and parties.|